Come on in...

Friday, August 21, 2009

The first steps taken in a long line of steps

On Wednesday I met up with a woman from our church for a playdate. Both our kids are close in age, so close that Marvelly and her youngest son are only one day apart. While the kids played and enjoyed each other's company we had a very nice talk about her adoption experience. On the way over to her house that morning I just prayed that the Lord would use this opportunity to continue to either confirm or deny the potential of adopting. Well, it was very clear to me after we met and she shared her story that this was the direction the Lord is leading our family. Her story wasn't perfect or easy, but rather a faith building, God-relying journey that brought them a beautiful little baby girl. So now, after more talk, me and Isaak are going to take those same steps in a long journey.
We have decided to use the NE Children's Home. This is not only the only agency is Nebraska that provides free open adoption services, but also the only agency in the nation. Through private donors they are able to provide the adoption experience free of charge to both the adoptive parents and the birth mothers. Your only expense is the lawyer fees at the official time of signing.
We contacted the agency last night to get things rolling and begin a process that may last us a very long time. We will be trusting and relying on the Lord that this is all in His hands...the approval of our family by the agency, the selection of our family by a mother, the time line in which this all will take. I'm not expecting an easy ride. I'm not expecting it to happen over night. I'm not expecting much, because I don't know much at this point. However, I am expecting and believing in God's provision. I am expecting Him to lead us through-with a child waiting for us at the end.
May the journey begin.....

6 comments:

Jenn Garcia said...

That's so great! The process may take awhile, but God will bless you for your faith. I'm so excited for you guys and look forward to hearing more about your journey!

Unknown said...

I am, as ever, in awe of you and the way you allow God to work through you. I am blessed to call you friend.
Watch out though, Ben doesn't like the ideas you're putting in my head! HeeHee.

Kelly said...

YES! So thrilled. Just watch and see what He will do...

Unknown said...

I think this is such a great thing for you and family and any child would be blessed to be in your home.

Liz W. said...

you ARE amazing!!

Rachael said...

Oh, I am so excited for you!! Jacob and I are seriously praying about that too actually. . .I'd be really interested in hearing how God leads you, as things unfold. Definitely praying all the way!