Come on in...

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Gymnastics girl

Sydaleigh started gymnastics this week. I was so excited to get her into a class-I wanted something for her to be involved in so bad, and now that she is 3 she's able to participate in many more activities.
Unfortunately, parents were discouraged from staying in the gym area so that we wouldn't distract the children....
and being the photo taking freak that I am-this was a problem for me!
You mean to tell me I can't follow my kid around the whole time taking pictures of everything that she does?
I have to stand outside and watch through a little tiny window?
Tell me again how I'm going to take pictures of everything she's doing??????
(I'm a tad psycho when it comes to my kids and the camera)
BUT, this was not even an issue for the other moms!
None of them even brought their cameras-can you believe that??!
I was the only wannabe picture taking freak of a mom there!
Luckily Isaak actually got off work this morning so he could come hang out and watch Syd for her first class. (since I couldn't take pictures to show him)
What an awesome man....seriously, I just love that he doesn't want to miss anything. Such an endearing quality.


Sydaleigh super excited
(she loved her leotard so much she wore it all day long)


she walked the balancing beam, jumped onto the green
mat at the end, walked the floor beam, hung off the little bars,
practiced summersaults, hand stands, following directions, waiting her turn,
all of which will take much practice but I think this will be really great for her.


the only "action" shot I got as I was walking out the door to wait in the lobby.
(she's warming up)


and that's a wrap.
We practiced what she learned when she got home.
The summersaults are gonna take some practice-she can't quite get the hang of those-yet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

o man!!! I love you! I was 5 when I started gym. Best decision my parents ever made for me. My brother was three. Honestly, Missy, it has helped me so much in all areas of life. Balance, focus, determination, I cherished my 6 years doing it. Then I got tall, and it didn't work out so well. :) Syd, is adorable.

Oh, they should have "parents day" too, where you can be out there taking photos in all your glory! If not, yell at them!!! :)

Anonymous said...

That's adorable :) It is such a great sport too, best one in my opinion for teaching life skills, I wouldn't trade my time in it, or coaching, for anything. I put the little guy I nannied for in a class; such a good way to start practicing listening and following directions, but in an active and engaging environment. Plus, they just look so cute! I bet Syd was excited as all get out :) I don't understand the not taking pictures thing either; we were the only ones taking pictures of the boy I took care of too : P