Come on in...

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day today


I celebrated a very happy Mother's Day today. I woke up to flowers, chocolate, and cards waiting for me at the kitchen table. The kids helped with a few chores around the hotel room afterwards and then we headed to a matinee showing of....Cinderella! Happiness! We had been waiting to see this movie since we first saw the teaser trailer many many months ago and it was everything we new it would be! So beautiful. I love Disney. These awesome recliner chairs in the theater were pretty spiffy too.
We followed the movie with yummy $5 Little Cesar's pizza, my fave!
And then I took some time to go to the gym (felt so good!) and then we went to a nearby playground for a while where we found this little bridge and spent some time throwing sticks into the water and just enjoying the greenness of it all and romping and climbing all over the equipment together.
I ended the night getting a "bananacure" from Marvelly as she painted my nails with water and toilet paper, applied excessive amounts of lip gloss to my lips, and squirted water on my head with a plastic tooth syringe and then combed it out.

A great day being a mom. Honored that I get to do life with these kids! They bless me and I thoroughly enjoy their presence and company so very much. They make this role of motherhood so wonderful and surprising and stressful and joy filled each and every day. =) It is a great privilege to be their Momma (Marvelly), Mom (Sydaleigh), and Mommy (Steven.)





No comments: