Come on in...

Sunday, October 5, 2014

My little author.

Sydaleigh with her very first completed and "published" book!
It's called Friends and Dogs Together. And it's about friends and their dogs. =) She LOVES to write and draw. And has been wanting a real "published" book of her own, just like her Mimi.
She writes so many stories on paper and the computer and I really wanted to surprise her with a completed version to celebrate all the work she puts into writing, so I secretly went online to Blurb and uploaded one of her completed stories that she also had pictures with (she used the mouse to draw some pictures on the Word document).

She was SHOCKED when it arrived and I presented it to her at dinner last week! I wish I had taken a picture of her expression. She couldn't believe that one of her stories was really in a real book format! I just love how easy Blurb makes it to create books.

She took it to school the next day and her teacher allowed her to read it to her class and everyone loved it! One proud mommy right here. And that is one happy Sydaleigh bursting with pride over her accomplishment. I see a lot more of these in her future.

1 comment:

Georgia said...

185what a great thing to do for her! and what a fab teacher!