Come on in...

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Wild weather!

Today we had some wild weather blow in! I love storms. They make me all excited and giddy!
This is an approaching dust storm. It was a big one! After taking this shot the storm blew in less than five minutes later....it was moving fast! I stood outside for about five seconds before dashing in the house to take cover. But then I had to go back outside in the middle of it to open the gate once Marvelly arrived home from school. I could hardly open my eyes. Dust storms are pas bon for people with contacts. I also made the mistake of opening my mouth....note to self...don't open your mouth in the middle of a dust storm, you will be crunching on sand for a while.
 The dust storm was then proceeded by a torrential downpour. Yeah! I think rainy season has arrived!
Followed by many mangoes forcefully falling out of the trees onto my roof which sounded like a shotgun firing every time, and then my yard being turned into a gigantic mud puddle.

It was great! I love these days. I don't love that two massive boards connecting our screen wall to the ceiling got ripped off in the storm and now that screen wall is in danger of being blown over if someone sneezes too hard. But other than that....it was my favorite kind of afternoon. 


1 comment:

Bekah Boo said...

all i can think of is our hiking adventure!!!!
ahahahhha

sorry its in your mouth. no bueno. pas bon, indeed.