Come on in...

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Five minutes. Writer's block. And Iseal leaving Burkina.

I feel like I have writer's block. Well, I would think that if I were in fact a writer. I'm just a person who sits down and types out my life. But lately sitting down and typing out my life is getting increasingly difficult.

I sit down, I have a million thoughts that need to be laid to rest, spoken, to be remembered, but I can not find the words or the focus to bring them out. I feel like I am withholding so much of our daily life here and I will look back and not have a stinkin' clue what we did or how we really felt, or how life was really like day in and day out.

I need words. But they fail me.

So I have decided to make every Thursday, one day a week, a time that I force myself to sit down and type for five minutes flat. Not getting hung up in what I say...but just as an exercise to at least say something.

Except right now I'm using my time to not really say anything. :~)

With three minutes left...

...I am getting ready this morning to go say goodbye to Iseal. I'm not sure exactly how to spell his name, but it's pronounced like it reads...like "Isreal" without the 'r'. 

He is a boy about six years old at the orphanage I visit. When I was there yesterday I asked where he was because he didn't arrive at noon with the other older kids coming back from school. I received the news that his new family had arrived...to bring him home. Finally. Finally. They are together. I can't even begin to imagine what this day must mean to all of them.

His new mommy and daddy are bringing him back by the orphanage this morning to say goodbye to everyone one last time before they return home to France, and Iseal begins his new life in his new country. I have so many mixed emotions and thoughts. The first is absolute thankfulness and joy. That sweet boy is going home to his family. Praise Jesus. The other is a bit of saddness. I will miss seeing his face. I will miss him, as big as that boy is, crawling up into my lap just to be close to me.

So me and Marvi go back today to send him off. To hug him one last time. To wish him well. To pray momma prayers over him even though I am not his momma. Well, at least not anymore. I like to think that for a few months I had the privileged of loving him like a mother while his own waited to bring him home.

I will post a picture later today.

And now I must go...



2 comments:

Bekah Boo said...

shut your face.
you. are. a. freakin. writer.
ok?
read that again.
did you?
i mean, go read it again.
melissa, you are a writer. you write and it moves me.
write for me.
and i like this idea.
its good.
do it. i'll hold you to it :)
and hug that boy tight. what a gift your mothers love has been to him. he won't forget it, ever.

Georgia said...

love ya! like a momma!!