Come on in...

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Another Thursday's thoughts

Apparently I only blog on Thursday's now. :~)

On Monday my friend Chloe came to stay at our home for eight days before she returns back to her home in England. We are having a great time together doing life. She is helping me with my French and teaching me little sayings here and there, as her mother is French so she is fluent. We have had wonderful talks about Jesus, went back to the orphanage together one last time before she leaves, and have just been having a splendid time together.

Today we cooked a turkey.

I have never ever ever cooked a turkey before. With the horror I've had in cooking chickens here I wasn't super eager about having to cook it, but after I got the wrapper off and forced myself to put down the wooden paddles and actually touch the thing, it was smooth sailing. Well, smooth sailing after I called my mom and she walked me through what to do.

I love that even at 31 years old I can still call my mom and she can teach me stuff. I don't think it will matter how old I get....she'll always know more than me. Well, that's what she tells me anyways. :~)

I may or may not have broken two of my toes this morning. What can I say....ya know, it always seems to come down to my stinkin' toes.

Unfortunately after I damaged them I had to go cook a turkey and get ready to go out of town tomorrow, so all I could do was slap a cooling gel pad on them, hobble away, and pray that they are just badly bruised and not badly bruised and broken.

We are going out of town tomorrow! Yay for a little break! We are heading to Nazinga which is right near the Ghana border with ten other dear friends to spend the weekend watching elephants and safarin' it up! You'd think, based on how much we are packing that we were going out of town for two weeks, as opposed to two days. But, you have to pack differently here. The hotel we are staying at does not come with bedding. :~) Plus gallons and gallons and gallons of water as it is going to be 105 all weekend.

This is Africa......  !!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Georgia said...

have a great time & take some great pics! stay safe - you know how i am about things like going nto the bush - there's stuff that eats you out there! love ya!!!

Liz W. said...

How exciting!! African safari has been on my list since college! Have a great time, can't wait to see your pics.