Come on in...

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A girl's only getaway!

After my mom left on Sunday we took a super short breather, literally....

*stand still. 
breathe in and out for two seconds. 
now GO GO GO!*

and then me and the girls packed up our overnight bags and headed out of town on Monday morning to Yorktown for a no boys allowed trip!

Me and the girls, plus Holly and her girls, invaded Liz's house with her two girls (whew!) for one heck of a girl's only getaway! That would be 11 girls total in her house. I don't think a man woulda survived. :~)
There was lots of playing, and goofing, and hugging and general silliness among the little ones.
Late night heart talks and laughing and dreaming with us big ones.

After a wee little bit of sleep on Monday night we headed to Jamestown Tuesday morning to visit the Jamestown settlement. Very cool recreations of the English colonists and Powhatan Indian's life in the early 1600's.


Posing in front of the ship replicas the English sailed over to Virginia on. A similar picture of me and my brothers around this same age visiting the Mayflower. Cool. 
We had a great time. So glad we have amazing friends close enough to do fun stuff like this with.
I love these ladies and all these incredible little girls! We had a ball and can't wait to get all back together again in just three short days for Easter!

2 comments:

D'Ache' said...

How fun! Great weather too I see.

Georgia said...

the biafra kids on the mayflower! my gosh you guys were skinny!!!!! i use to think you were a little bit more filled out than the boys - NOPE! the mayflower picture proves the error of my thinking. sure looks like a good time was had by all.