Come on in...

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas

I was the first to rise Christmas morning. No longer able to sleep I got out of bed and headed for the shower to have some alone time and pray before the craziness of the morning began. I knew the girls would be up soon and we would quickly be lost in a sea of wrapping paper and presents....so I stole a few quiet moments for myself with my Lord. While showering and getting ready for the day I felt the Lord impress upon my heart to make Him the focus of our day from the very beginning.

It should kinda always be like that....but I need a good reminding too. :~) And I knew it would be too easy to stop and thank Him after the presents had been opened. Or get carried away and forget entirely.

This year though...I wanted to stop and thank Him before we touched a single gift. I think it's very easy even in the midst of receiving, to still want more. To be ungrateful for a gift not received or jealous over something else someone got instead. Selfishness and the "me mindset" can flow very subtly through a family. So to focus our hearts on Jesus...instead of ourselves...Isaak first read us the Christmas Story from one of the girls children books. And then we prayed and thanked Jesus for His life, and that He would give us thankful hearts and make us content and grateful for all we received that day. Probably my favorite Christmas to date. I just felt the Lord's peace and joy in our midst all day long. It was a beautiful day. We are very blessed. :~)

Isaak and Sydaleigh spent most of the day at the table together building their new Lego sets. Those two are big Lego lovers. And then the rest of the day was spent playing their new Hungry Hungry Hippos game. I knew this would be a hit....but wow! This game was a hit! Marvelly particularly loves it. :~)

We celebrated this year with just us. It was very quiet and laid back. We stayed home and relaxed and just enjoyed each others company. It was unseasonably warm at almost 50 degrees with the bright sun pouring into the house from every window. It felt amazing.
 It was peaceful and joyous and our hearts were all very full. It was great Christmas.

1 comment:

Georgia said...

beautiful!! love the b&w at the end. the girls seem to love their big princess dolls! and now they have their own collectible barbie!! love ya's.