Come on in...

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sprained chest

On our way to dinner.
Pit stop at Baker's to drop off movies.
Turned to get out of the car real fast.
Sudden onslaught of horrid knife stabbing chest pain.
Emergency room.
Could hardly talk or breathe the pain was so intense.
Turns out I sprained my chest/sternum/rib cage/cartilage (Costochondritis)
I don't know how one goes about doing that, exactly....seen as how I only turned to get out of the car.
But apparently I managed it.
I am very talented I guess. :~)
The meds they gave me managed to dull the pain so I can at least somewhat breathe, clear my throat and talk without gritting my teeth in pain.
Scared what it's gonna feel like again once the meds wear off. 
It will take a week or so for the pain to subside.
Which is not that bad, but figuring we're kinda leaving for vacation in a week, this is about as crappy timing as I could get.
Life needs to keep moving on, and things have to get done...now they will just have to get done with horrid chest pain accompanying it.

Bummer.

I feel so old.

And I'm not even 30 yet.

Not for six more days.

Oh, my poor body. It's been through the ringer this year.

Eyeyeye.

This is gonna be a rough week.......

needing an extra extra extra dose of God's grace....and some of His healing sprinkled in would be good too. :~)

6 comments:

Kelly said...

so, so sorry. i didn't even know you could do that. that must have been really scary. sorry, friend. prayers coming your way! xo

Georgia said...

praying for you. pack less and i'll help you do laundry in h.h. isaak will have to carry all the heavy stuff - don't do it no matter how tempting. you'll be even worse off than you are now (sigh, experience). get well to travel. everything else can be handled after that. love ya.

D'Ache' said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Meg said...

you know a meggie visit while you are here would make things soooo much better!!!

Beccy said...

Wowza, girl! What can I do to help? Please call me if I can help you in any way!

Holly said...

sorry...I can't stop laughing ;-)