Come on in...

Thursday, November 17, 2011

"off" for a reason

So I guess, again....I'm not suppose to be feeling like this.

At first I thought I was normal.
Found out I wasn't.
Tried to fix my un-normal.
Now I thought I was normal.
But again found out I wasn't.

I'm getting so confused.

I wish my dang body would just cooperate!

Back to my pesky little butterfly shaped tissue with a life like a cockroach....yeah....it still ain't dead yet.

Which was actually very encouraging to know. Because if this is how "normal" people feel...I'd like a refund on my treatment please.

My endo told me today, "so, typically we see patients thyroid killed off in the first three weeks after treatment.....but yours.....seems to be taking quite a bit longer."

Uh huh.
Yeah, like six+ months longer.

This is getting ridiculous. "If I wanted you hanging around, I wouldn't have tried to kill you, okay?!" Gosh! That tissue needs to take a hint. I don't know how much more obvious we could be. Douse you in radiation. You die. End of story. Well, end of your story. Not mine.

And there I go talking to my body parts again....

So, up my dosage. Which will hopefully up my metabolism again. I think that must be my thyroid's last ditch revenge...seeing me gain weight...little jerk.

And hopefully regain some energy....so I don't keep feeling like I'm gonna literally fall asleep mid walk.
And, hopefully, my hair will stop falling out. Which thankfully wasn't a result of my medication...just whacked out levels.
And, hopefully, I won't be so sinkin' cold all the time. 

But at least this isn't normal. One day, God willing, I will know what normal feels like!

4 comments:

Holly said...

normal is overrated...er...so I hear

D'Ache' said...

Can someone please tell me what the definition of normal is?

Brooke said...

Poo! That's all I can say to that pesky little thyroid of yours!

Oh! I need your address, found a little something in London for you :)

Georgia said...

we'll talk! love ya!