Come on in...

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Returned check

Three weeks ago we sent in our final request for background checks to the Broward County Sheriff's office in Florida.

Two days ago, we got our letter back in the mail along with the $10 check we included for the cost.

Written on the bottom of the letter was,

Pls send $ .30 to BSO for your mail requests.

Wait, is that 30 additional cents, or just $. 30 total?

So I call the office today and am told I only need to send them $ .30 for the processed background checks.

As in a quarter and a nickle, in an envelope.

They actually want me to send them that. Just a quarter and a nickle, tossed into an envelop and mailed to Florida.

This made me giggle.

I LOVE that it is ONLY $ .30, seriously! But how funny to literally be sending a quarter and a nickle in an envelope and the stamp to send it costs more than that. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. . .I thought it was bad when I had to mail a check for $1.00 to the State of Michigan for my taxes : P

D'Ache' said...

How funny....just 30 cents.