Come on in...

Friday, April 10, 2009

"Can I please get some GAS?!"

Yesterday morning was so blah.
Me and Isaak were bickering, girls were not cooperating, couldn't get anything done, I was in a terrible mood, which in and of itself was frustrating.
By 11:30am I finally get the girls out of the house and packed into the car to make a FAST diaper and Easter necessity store run.
I turn on the car and realize there's not a lick of gas in the tank and I need to make a beeline to the gas station.
Great.
It's cold and raining and I have to stand outside, I better make this quick.

Pull up to the pump, get out, preparing to pump gas (quickly).....

Baker's Plus Card? Yes...processing processing processing (for well over a minute)
Insert credit card....processing processing processing (for well over a minute)
Car wash? No...........processing processing processing (for well over a minute)
Receipt? No........processing processing processing (for well over a minute)

okay, now that I spent nearly five minutes answering all your questions-lets pump some gas!

"Uhhhh, where's the gas?" "How come no gas is coming out?!"

transaction canceled, please see cashier

"WHAT!"

Okay, lets try this again, maybe I didn't squeeeeeze the handle right or something (though I don't know how one squeezes the handle wrong-all you do is squeeze, and gas is suppose to come out-kind of a no brainer!)

Go through nearly five more minutes of 'processing processing processing'
and wouldn't you know it, as soon as I squeeze the handle on the nozzle again it says...

transaction canceled, please see cashier

Okay, I'm a LITTLE BIT ticked off at this point. I've been outside for over ten minutes and still haven't gotten gas!

And wouldn't ya know it-as I'm standing there, getting increasingly frustrated, a girl I know pulls up in the pump right next to me, super smiley, "Oh my gosh! What a coincidence, how are you?!"

Here's the thing-it was one of those moments when even though you're mad you're supposed to fake it, put on a smile, make a little small talk, wave when you're done and say "It was great running into you!"

Uh uh.
I did...head nod, half smile, "Hey", and then got in my car, slammed the door, and drove to another pump two rows down to try and get some gas.

(I couldn't even muster up a phoney smile, how sad!)

So off to another pump I go.

Baker's plus card? Yes....processing processing processing (it took even longer this time!)
insert credit card....processing processing processing
OH COME ON!!!!!
car wash? Noooo.....processing processing processing
receipt?
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!......processing processing processing (I banging the touch pad with every question I'm asked, because of course that will make it go faster)

okay, time to squeeze the handle and get me some gas.....

Oh.my.gosh.
It happened again...

transaction canceled, please see cashier

BLASTED GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grab my keyes from the car, lock the girls inside, storm into the station, march right up to the counter and say-
"I've tried TWO pumps and no gas is coming out"
the clerk replies, "well that's because there's no gas in the mid-grade"

OOOOHHHHHH, of course there's no gas, I guess I was suppose to know that with all the signs you have posted that say you're out of gas!!!!!

I am sooo ticked at this point.
I stomp (I was seriously stomping) all the way back to my car, and make one last ditch effort to buy gas here, but regular this time....(it's been over 15 minutes at this point)

Baker's Plus card? NOOOOOO....processing processing processing
(oh my gosh, I'm going to have a mental break down)
insert credit card....(nearly break it jamming it in and out)...processing processing processing
car wash? (for the love of God-just let me get gas!!!!!)...processing processing processing
receipt? (crying at this point)....processing processing processing

Are you ready to give me some gas now?! Okay great....

transaction canceled, please see cashier

(I almost flipped out uncontrollably. I wanted to start kicking that stupid pump with everything inside me, back with the greatest amount of self control I could muster I restrained myself, I could envision people calling the cops on me saying "some crazy lady is screaming like a banshy attacking the gas pump-come quick!)

so I simply throw my hands up in the air, gave a really mean glare to the gas pump, got in my car, and slammed the door.

After 20 minutes, I had no gas, I was even more mad and frustrated than when I started, still had to get gas, and go to the store which was all I had originally set out to do in the first place.

I was so happy to put that morning behind, where it belonged.

No comments: