Come on in...

Sunday, September 14, 2008

You know you need a new pair of jeans when...

-the pairs you've had for the past five years have holes in the crotch

-a growing hole in the knee

-and all the belt loops are falling off

But I LOVE these jeans! Despite the fact that they're disintegrating.
These are my good ole jeans.
I think everyone has jeans like this-the ones that they just can't part with.
Lets face it, a good pair of jeans is hard to find, and when I find them I wear them till they look like the above.
But, since the holes in the crotch grow every time I wash them, and I don't really want people seeing my chonies, I set out on a hunt this weekend to replace them.
(Oh I'm still not getting rid of them, I just need a new pair to wear out of the house)
However, these favorite jeans of mine, that I've had for five years are no longer made in this same style at the store I purchased them at.
And, now this one is very important, the size I purchased them in five years ago is no longer the same size they are selling them in at the store.
Ohhh, they 'say' the same size on the tag, but they're not.
I wish all sizes fit the same in all the stores.
Now, you're one size if you buy jeans at this store. and a different size at that store.
It's all so frustrating.
All I want is another good pair of jeans that I can run into the ground, that will last me for another five years.
I went to SteveandBarry's this weekend on my quest and did find a nice pair of dressy jeans, but that still doesn't satisfy my hunt for an everyday pair of jeans.
So my quest continues.
I'll let ya know when I find them.
It's gonna be a tall order for the next pair of jeans to fill, I need to find ones that are up for the job, because now I have two kids to help me ruin them!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Levi's 515 or 550 bootcut, or Old Navy sweetheart cut classic relaxed flare or bootcut. My mom, my sister, and I all wear the Levi's and love them. And they wear forever. my mom has been wearing them to work for years,(she's a longshoremen for the Port of Los Angeles), and they are stil holding up. The Old Navy are more everyday and comfy. I'm with you though, jean makers get you hooked on a pair and a style then they change it the next year.

The Toronto Family said...

I love Gap jeans, and I'm not a name brand girl but they just make great jeans they last and last, they are pricey but they always go on sale and they make a number of different styles so you are sure to find one you like, Also I have heard Modbe makes great jeans (they are a home party clothes line) I have never tried there jeans but I have some tops and there swim suit and I love them. My friend sales it, so if you are interested let me know and I can email you her site.
Good luck !!!!