Come on in...

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

My Mom is in Burkina Faso...again!

My mom arrived in Burkina tonight for the second time! Glory!! God is so good in His timing!

We honestly didn't know if it was going to work out for her to come before we left, especially with us leaving on such short notice. But God pulled through, in a truly miraculous way, and she received all of her approvals from her school board to conduct her research in country. So that mom of mine wasted no time booking a ticket and getting on a flight out here!

She's got just two weeks and one day in country to complete all her interviews and research for her thesis, but we are confident that by the grace of God it will all get done.

And a super special bonus to her coming back out to conduct her research....is that we get to enjoy her company in Burkina one last time before we all leave together at the end of the month. It is so SO good to be with my mom. I just love her so much.

As do all these kiddos!! SO happy to see their Mimi! Marvelly accompanied me to the airport this evening but Sydaleigh and Steven stayed home to make Mimi's surprise birthday cake!
My mom celebrated her birthday last week, and we made her a cake and sang her "Happy Birthday" after dinner tonight. A must for sure! We've got to celebrate three out of her last four birthday's with my mom, what a blessing. She is 63 years young this lady!

So happy to have my mom with us. Looking forward to our last two weeks in country and getting to experience and enjoy them with her as well!

1 comment:

Georgia said...

gosh i am so glad to be here! my last visit thought - some things i will definitely miss!