Come on in...

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spring Break

The girls spring break from school officially commenced on Thursday of last week.

It makes me super happy having all the kids home with me. Even with all the extra bickering and chaos around the house, I love it. I love having the kids around.

We have no plans this break to go anywhere. Last year we went to Pama with my mom and some friends. But this year, we're staying put. We leave now four weeks time and I want to make the most of spending as much time as we can with the people in our lives here.

Each girl has already had a sleep over with their best friends. With such little time remaining in country, we're trying to spend as much time as we can with our favorite people, kids included. So while the girls were spending quality time with their friends this weekend, me and Isaak were spending quality time with people dear to our hearts.

These last few weeks are going to go by too quickly.

This week is already filling up -with appointments, play dates, a trip to Yako is in the works to spend the day with Mike and Amy. We are having our 3rd and final big Easter church potluck at our home following the service on Sunday.

We have gone swimming every day so far. The pool is finally warm enough to swim in without freezing. It doesn't make much sense in a climate that daily reaches up to 100+ degrees most days out of the year that the water wouldn't stay constantly warm. You'd think it would, but it doesn't. Either that or we have turned into a bunch a wusses. I can't see myself again going to Hilton Head in November and going into the Atlantic Ocean. Uh uh. I refuse to be acclimated back to tolerating the cold so as to thinking it is actually warm. Like when we lived in Nebraska and we would have a 30 degree day during the winter and we'd go outside, strip our jacket and say, "This feels so good! It's warm today!"

Um, no. Never again. Je refuse.

But I digress.

Back to Spring Break. The girls are currently sleeping in. It's 9am and they are still totally zonked out. I hope they're enjoying their time away from school. My little ladies work hard. They are gone, en route to school and at school, for 8 hours and 15 minutes every day.

That is a long day for little children. That is what many adults work, and my kids are expected to adhere to the same long hours during the day. So, I'm letting them sleep for as long as their little bodies need. Recoup some energy.

I have not taken a single picture of anything so far. But I should probably dig my camera out and get at it. I don't want (or my kids) to forget these last moments here.

It's going to go by too quickly.

No comments: