Come on in...

Monday, December 16, 2013

While the potatos boil....

or is it potatoes? I can never remember whether to include or exclude the 'e' in that word.

Sydaleigh is laying sprawled out on the floor watching a veggie tales episode. I love that she doesn't think she's too old to still watch those. Even though I feel like Veggie Tales have kinda copped out in recent years and gone soft on the whole "God" theme, they are still good clean shows. No denyin' that.

Marvelly is currently sprawled out on the couch....sleeping. She takes a nap maybe twice a year. She's like me, a non-napper. I have a feeling she is going to be beast to wake up. I'll let Isaak have the honors when he gets home. =)
I got my first Christmas card of the season today! It's from Sydaleigh, and she made it is French class.
Coolness. 

The new Sound of Music with Carrie Underwood came on television yesterday. Ugh. It was so bad. I thought it might be good. I had decent hopes. I turned it on to watch with the girls because we are mega super huge Sound of Music fans. Turns out it was a major let down. Bummer. For being such a good singer, Carrie has surprisingly little vocal range. Or maybe it's just that Julie Andrews 4 octave awesomeness just overshadows anyone else's attempts and not a soul can compete with that. Maybe that's it. Either way, she flunked. And she's also a bad actress too. Double wammy.

The girls only have two days left of school before Christmas break. Yee-haw! Now that's somethin' to be excited about! I love having my girls home. We have big plans to make an obnoxious amount of cookies and treats for us and for friends. We have a cookie decorating party to go to on Friday. We have a super fun overnight trip to Yako planned for Sunday with some more friends for the orphanage and school's Christmas party where I will be bringing cupcakes for all. I think I see diabetes in my future...

And lastly, I have made it a personal goal this year to train myself to do the splits. That's this year's goal, resolution, whatever you want to call it. That's right. The splits. And maybe, a handstand. I have never been able to do either, and I will do them both at least once before I die. I am about as flexible as a #2 pencil so this will be no easy feat. Which is why I'm giving myself the entire year. Maybe next year too. We'll see how it goes.

6 comments:

Bekah Boo said...

your goals are hilarious... !!!

Liz said...

Reach for the stars Melissa!!!

Georgia said...

you never know where it can lead you! maybe spot on the Rockette's line, doing those famous kicks! love ya!

Marcie said...

Love your posts Melissa. I could never do a cartwheel and I can't see myself making a resolution to do one ever. By the way, Sebastian was selected for Embassy duty. Hugs and kisses. Be careful with those stretches. Love, Aunt Marcie

Burkina Team said...

You are hilarious! I look forward to getting to know you.

Georgia said...

gosh i love these girls!