Come on in...

Friday, December 6, 2013

For you, and Madiba.

"i suppose i just want to say, while you are on african soil, would you... in some way, when you hear he passes. go. go outside to the yard. pick up the dirt. rub it between your fingers. let the red stain your hands as it may. and then? and then, pray. praise. whisper thanks to Jesus that he came into the smallest and most unlikely place and gave us examples to follow. thank him, for me, for giving us madiba to care for Africa and show how to live in peace. and pray for africa, while you stand on her soil, pray that she can learn that peace. and so doing, live out her own long walk to freedom."
For you dear friend. For you, and for Madiba. I stand here today, on your sister soil, and I let the red dirt stain my hands. I offer up prayers and praise to Jesus for Africa and her people. I whisper thankfulness for you, and your love for this land, and for Madiba, and the legacy that he left. Praying, ever so fervently, that they can now follow the greatest example of all.....

2 comments:

Bekah Boo said...

oh.
oh my heart...
i read this and tears pooled in my eyes.
my heart...

thank you. for honoring him, and freedom, and me.

Holly said...

precious...