Come on in...

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

One of those days....

In about five minutes I am going to put this day behind me. I am going to cozy up on the couch, watch my new favorite show, Person of Interest, and go to my happy place.

And put this day behind me.

The day that had me putting Gloria repeatedly in a time out for pulling my hair out of my scalp and then going around hitting anyone in her path.
The day that had me holding Paul as he painfully coughed up a never ending amount of mucous from his throat that would leave him choking if I laid him down.
The day that one of the workers came and grabbed Paul right out of my arms and laid him down in his crib and closed the door because she was tired of hearing him cry from choking on phlegm.
The day that had all the kids in the orphanage upset and crying all at once because they were all sick with colds.
The day that had me sifting through my flour before I made tortillas to get rid of all the weevils that have invaded my food...only to discover that worms had infested it too. More worms....in my flour this time. My unopened sealed bag of flour....crawling with worms.
The day that had me then sifting through my flour for an hour before I could even make my tortillas, and then still make dinner.

It was just one of those days around here.

Happy place here I come......

1 comment:

Holly said...

praying for you sister...and all those babies with colds.