Come on in...

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Getting back in my baking groove

Last week Holly sent me a new cupcake recipe via pinterest and as fate would have it I actually had all the ingredients needed to make them!

To.tal. shocker!

That seriously never happens. Not with all these new organic paleo gluten free no dairy recipes going around. I mean seriously, can we stop with all this coconut oil, almond butter, greek yogurt, chestnut flour (what. the. heck. is. that?!), agave nectar and organic chocolate mumbojumbo.

I mean for real? Organic chocolate? Chestnut flour? Raw honey? You're telling me you can't eat regular honey? For real?! It seriously has to be raw?! Get outta my face with that.

If I see one more recipe that calls for buckwheat flour or grapeseed oil I am gonna turn into a crazy person. Just eat normal things people!!

But I digress.

Thankfully this recipe called for all normal ingredients that you could find even in Burkina Faso. HAPPY DAY! I almost cried with joy!

We had company over on Friday for dinner and games, so I figured this was the perfect time to get back into my bakin' groove.

And these bad boys did not disappoint.
Chocolate graham cracker cupcakes with brown sugar marshmallow frosting. Oh my gosh they were the bomb!

I may have heard the words, and I quote, "these are the best cupcakes I've ever had in my life."

True story.

These will definitely be going in the ole recipe book to make again, that's for sure!

2 comments:

Holly said...

those turned out BEAUTIFUL too!!!!!!!!!!!! NAILED IT!

Georgia said...

and you did the frosting?? with MARSHMALLOWS?? my favorite food group??? making these! love ya