Come on in...

Friday, July 12, 2013

BEKAH'S IN BURKINA!!

Last night Isaak pulled off the greatest surprise e-ver when he brought Bekah home to me in Burkina!! Here's how it went down....

Yesterday Isaak told me he had an embassy worker to pick up from the airport around 9pm. Isaak is frequently picking up workers from the airport so this was totally normal to me. He also told me that some of our missionary friends were flying into Ouaga late that night and would be stopping over to spend the night before they head out the following morning. Also totally normal, as we did have good friends flying into town that night and they frequently crash at our home.

So I got the guest room all ready, made up the beds nice and tidy and made sure there were fresh towels laid out and what not.

I then settled down on the couch to finish reading my novel when Isaak left the house.

About an hour later I hear the back kitchen door start to rattle as if someone was trying to come in the house. I always keep the back door locked because we don't use it often so no one could come in. I didn't hear the gate open nor the car drive in, so I thought the guard for some weird reason might be trying to come into the house. I put my book down and went to the front door and look out, and I see Isaak come through the patio and approach me, and then behind him I notice this other person walk up who looked familiar wearing glasses. At first glance, in a split of a second, I thought it was the embassy gal Isaak was picking up and I half wondered why he brought her to our house so late instead of her hotel...and then the mysterious person squatted down real quick and tried to hide on my patio step...as if that would conceal her! And then the screaming began!!!!

I...OH MY GOSH....I THOUGHT I MIGHT DIE FROM SURPRISE AND JOY!!!

There was Bekah standing in my patio!!! My Bekah! One of my most favorite people on this entire planet was just standing in front of me!! I think I had a small undetectable heart attack when I realized who I was seeing...standing on my patio!

I was shaking. Screaming. Crying. Hugging. Laughing. It was absolutely glorious.

Still...remembering that moment just leaves me crippled with joy.

*It must be said that Isaak is the worst person in the world for keeping secrets. Until this surprise, I literally thought him incapable of keeping secrets. He always gives himself away. The suspense and excitement is just too much for him, and if he doesn't give himself away by acting weird and suspicious, he always ends up telling me. So, the fact that I had NO idea what he was planning, the fact that he was so smooth and everything happened flawlessly makes this even greater. Well, happened almost flawlessly....he tried coming in the back door hoping to surprise me with Bekah coming into the house....so I kind of ruined his big reveal. But whatev'! It didn't spoil anything! Love that he planned this to bless me!

I went to bed that night saying over and over and over again to Isaak, "I can't believe Bekah is in our house!!!!"

The girls weren't sleeping yet, and when I started screaming outside their window they rushed out of their room to see the commotion. Oh their little hearts! They were almost as overjoyed as I was! We absolutely adore Bekah! But oddly, despite the fact that I have and always will call Bekah "Bekah"...the girls immediately and unprompted started calling her "Rebekah". So sweet. Just love them.

When she came in she immediately dumped an entire Kroger's onto our floor. She brought us popsicles, Doritoes, tortillas, salsa, bottles of Ranch dressing, like a 12 pack of her favorite local beer for Isaak, Peete's coffee, boxes of Special K cereal, cans of refried beans, Krispy Kreme donuts! A new coloring book for Marvelly and a drawing pad for Sydaleigh. I mean....no words. No words!!

It was just crazy.

We are blessed. How she blesses us. She flies half way around the world after being home for less than a day because she was in PA just two days before due to the passing of her grandpa....and she shows up at my house in Burkina Faso.

God is good to bring a friend into my life like her. She blesses me beyond words. How I love that lady.

I'm just, bursting with joy!

I.CAN.NOT.BE.LIEVE.IT!!!! CAN NOT BELIEVE IT!!!

MY DEAREST BEKAH IS IN BURKINA!!!!!!

BURKINA!!!!! Still, total shock!

I just look at her and shake my head. It's too much. Bekah is here, with us, for the next twelve days!!

Oh happy day!!!!!!

2 comments: