Come on in...

Monday, February 20, 2012

Three days left...

We are alive.

Friday night after the movers left I giddily went over to the house, all pumped up to get my cleaning on. I spent a few hours over there, drowning everything in Ajax and jamming out to music in an empty house. It was a great time.

Two days later...the giddiness has passed. I am no longer pumped up to clean. I am sore. And tired. And I have a massive neck ache from cramming it sideways to clean stinking' baseboards.

You dont't realize just what a dirty kind of person you are until the house is bare of your belongings and there is nothing to hide grossness that managed to stay hidden for five years.

I am at the point where I may never let the girls touch another crayon...or writing tool, period. Seen as how, they have magically managed to color parts of the wall that were covered by furniture. I don't know how they managed to color the baseboards underneath their beds....but they did. And every other inch of wall space in the home.

I am ready to be done. But the pile of dust on top of the medicine cabinets and the soap scum on the glass shower doors refuses to let me throw in the towel....so we push on for another two days.

I never want to see glass shower doors again for the rest of my life...they are the bane of my existence! I have lost perfectly good brain cells being trapped in that tiny shower scrubbing those doors in Ajax in an unventilated room. I will never be able to get those brain cells back! And the older I get, the more I need them. If we have glass shower doors in our new house I already told Isaak he is taking them down when we move in. I'm not messing' around with those again. My brain just can't afford the loss.

Okay. Rant done. Back to work.........

3 comments:

D'Ache' said...

Be careful what you wish for....they may be in your new place in BF. ;-)

Beccy said...

You can out the same stuff on youR tiles and glass doors that you put on your winshield that makes the rain roll off, you just have to retreat it every so often, but I have heard it works wonders in keeping showers super clean.

Liz W. said...

I have some good tips for those pesky doors. When we updated our bathroom in NE I "just had to have them", after trying to clean them I kicked myself.

Tips I've learned, that work!!
Clean them with windex & used dryer sheets (yes, I have a collection going in the laundry room).

For daily upkeep, wipe down the glass with a hand towel, each time you get out of the shower. Takes about 30 secs & makes a HUGE differance. I have a handtowel hanging on a hook by the shower & Todd is now trained!