Come on in...

Monday, February 13, 2012

One final girl's night before we move

Saturday night I went out, with some of my favorite ladies, for one last girl's night before we move to D.C. next week. We went to Mojo Smokehouse for dinner, then watched The Vow, and lastly hit up Jone's Brothers for some dessert. The night was filled with what it always consists of, a symphony of laughter. I love that I have friends who love to laugh. That is so important to me. And these past few years with these gals there has definitely not been a shortage of buckled over, clenching your mid section, hyperventilating, laughing till tears run down your legs kinda moments. It has been absolutely glorious, our time. And Saturday night was no exception.

The night was so bittersweet. Reveling in the joy of the moment, but aching inside knowing it will be the last with all of us together here.

It's been hard seeing our tight knit group slowly dwindle down over these past two years. There are just five of us remaining now. Soon to be four after I leave and then down to three when Brandi PCS's in May. But such is life in the military....there is no bias when it comes to getting orders. It's pretty much guaranteed that everyone will move on eventually. But there is no one I would have rather shared my time here in Nebraska with than them. These are some of the greatest friends I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. They have been my family. And you don't find that everywhere you go. Maybe with one or two people. But I have had that loyal, got your back, tell you anything, I will carry your burdens, and love you warts and all type of friendship with so many women here. God was very generous in surrounding me with amazing ladies. And as I sat during dinner I couldn't help but think of all our friends who have already left, moved on, started over elsewhere, and thank God for each one of their friendships in my life.

Nebraska has been a good run. A real good one. I have grown and changed so much during my time here and a large part of that has to do with the women God placed in it. They have challenged me. Accepted me. Taught me. Supported me. Inspired me. Laughed at me. And loved me.

And it is with a heavy heart that I say goodbye to them.

 (Kristine, Brandi, me, Amy, and Beccy- February 11th, 2012)

Thank you. Thank you for your friendship. It has been life to me. Until next time chicas....

1 comment:

Holly said...

cute picture~~
so wish I could have been there - those are some BOMB ladies!!!