Come on in...

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Flamboyant



 My Flamboyant Tree. My favorite tree. I have come to love this tree, of which I have two in my yard. I find it striking, with its rather smooth skin-like bark. It's branches are bare now, but in the driest hottest part of the year it will bloom beautiful flowers and large fern-like leaves. It is lovely. It reminds me of an elephant, or a dinosaur, with it's wrinkles and limb-like base and branches. I never tire of looking at my tree. Or photographing it. Or sitting under its shade. Nothing beats the shade provided by a tree. It is cool and soothing and peaceful. It lures you to sit and be still with the promise of rest and day dreaming and easy breathing under it's outstretched limbs. 
This tree makes me happy. Joy in simple things.

1 comment:

Georgia said...

that's my favorite tree in your yard! my pics of it look NOTHING like yours!