Come on in...

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

It rains.

I lay in bed, having just opened my bible to read before sleep. I look at my ipod and it reads 9:38pm. A moment later I hear Isaak finally arrive home on his motorcycle after a long day at work. I listen closely. It sounds as though the guard is closing the gate. But the loud rumbling lasts too long. Funny, I thought. The sound resembles thunder. Isaak enters the room another moment later and says, "Do you hear the thunder? It's just started to rain."

I listen for a moment, and indeed, I do hear the rain beginning to trickle down onto our metal roof. 

I rip off my covers, leap out of bed and run for the door. I stand on the patio.....

it rains.

I step outside and Isaak joins me. We stand together in the rain. We look up to the sky and watch the lightning illuminate the distance. We watch the trees and branches sway from the wind. We let the coolness wash over us. We stand on the back step, just watching, totally in awe. 

And I say, "this is for someone. From everything that we've been told from all our friends who've lived here for years and years and years...it doesn't just rain in March. This is for someone, or someones. "  

I could feel it. God was moving. God was displaying His power. Someone needed to see it. Someone's life, either physical or spiritual, depended on it. God is still in the miracle business. He can still part that Red Sea to save His people. He can still stop the sun from moving in the sky. He can still heal the blind. He can still make the lame walk. He is still just as powerful today as He was back then! And He can surely open up the sky and bring forth rain in the middle of the driest time of the year in Burkina...just. to. prove. He. can.

After Isaak went inside I stood by the patio screen for a few more minutes, praying. That whoever needed this rain or whoever challenged or doubted His power and might...would be on their knees praising Him right now.

May we all find our knees in praise to Him right now....because He is worthy. Oh how He is worthy

 design by Ashley Pyeatt

 "He will come to us like rain." Hosea 6:3


4 comments:

Georgia said...

like.

Liza said...

Love this.

Love that you still reference the Joshua study :)

I have been doing a Beth Moore study ("Believing God") that uses a lot of that Joshua scripture we loved and I think of you and Holly often.

Courtney said...

i LOVED this. i can't even tell you. and, since your LAST post about rain, i don't think i'll ever see rain and not think of it. i will never take it for granted!

Bekah Boo said...

*goosbumps*

for real.

the image of you and isaak. you and isaak standing together in the rain.

simply... no words.

also? i love how you INSTANTLY think of others. you always think of others and how this can and could and will encourage and move them.
you are so quick to see the miracle for others and to show them when they are too down to see it for themselves.
love that about you.
and that pinterest image. its kicking me, too.

thank you, for this.