Come on in...

Monday, January 28, 2013

A new addition....

I have been saying since Chief died almost a year ago now, that we were not getting another animal until Anna passed. I don't care if that was twenty years away. It was just gonna be her. I didn't want to introduce another animal into the house with Anna being so old, and moving, and on and on and on. 

I was firm. No animals. Don't ask because you know the answer will be "no". I mean it. Capisce?

Meet Amira. Our newest addition. She came home on Thursday.
Clearly I lost our "no more animals" argument. I'm not sure how. Oh wait, yes I do...and all fingers point to that man. Isaak should not be allowed to look at pictures of kittens, because he's just a big ole softy and can not resist him a little cutey kitten. He affectionately calls her, "little lady". And the fact that she is a spitting image of Chief only melted his heart for her more. 
And of course these two are smitten. If Amira doesn't forget how to walk it will be a miracle. Poor cats feet never touch the floor!
Anna is less than thrilled, but I figure she'll either get over it in time...or hide under the bed for the next twenty years

So, looks like we're back to having two cats. I gotta admit...she's pretty darn cute. And as long as she stays away from plastic bags we'll get along just fine. 

4 comments:

Bekah Boo said...

can you imagine her eating plastic and throwing up?!?
i'm laughing at the thought!! :)
and Isaak KILLS me. that man! hahahaha
i was wondering what was up when i saw his fb this morning.
ps: amira is a cutie! love her :)
welcome to the family, baby lady amira!

Holly said...

sooooo cute!!!!!
I told the girls we could get two kitties when we move...a long with the dog, that I am way more keen on now that we'll be livin' in the hicks ;-).

We have an application in on a rescue dog right now, he sounds PERFECT...
His name is Woody ;-)

Georgia said...

i'm smitten too! love ya

D'Ache' said...

She's cute!!!!!!