Come on in...

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Getting back on track

I have been so incredibly bad at updating my blog!
I have so much going on right now it's hard for even me to keep track.
Seriously, if I do not write down what I need to get done, on a 'to do' list, it will never get done.
It will completely slink away from my consciousness as if I never thought to do it.
It's gotten so bad that I have to remind myself just to write a 'to do' list.
Thank goodness vacation is coming up!
My family needs a break, to regroup, get refreshed, do nothing but have fun and spend time together. We are looking forward to next Saturday so much. Not so much looking forward to the drive out to Hilton Head, but, we will survive it.
This upcoming week is crazy busy.

Monday we have our first adoption meeting down in Lincoln. I'm excited, but it still doesn't feel real yet, so the excitement is still somewhat at bay. I am fully expecting to start crying as we pull into the parking lot, being hit with the reality of what we're about to do. We are both looking forward to Monday. Isaak told me yesterday that a girl in the clinic brought in her new baby boy for everyone to see, and he had an overwhelming urge to pick up the baby and hold him. Of course he didn't, but that touched my heart in such a huge way. Isaak went from being a man who was dead set on never having more than two kids...to wanting to adopt a third...to seeing a baby in a car seat that wasn't his and wanting to hold him. God has done a work on that man! And I've got to see it all play out.

Thursday is my BIRTHDAY! Whoop whoop! I am probably looking forward to this birthday more than any other...because it's not just my birthday, it's the opening night of New Moon! I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. And I had to start rereading to first two installments before the big day, which lends to the reason why I can't stop thinking about it. Of course I already have my birthday/New Moon outfit all planned out, all the final plans for the night are coming together, and I get to go with my favorite leading ladies. It going to be complete madness and it's going to be FAB.u.lous!

And then Saturday night at 3am, which is technically considered Sunday morning, although, I have no clue how 3am could be considered "morning" in any way shape or form, we are headed to Augusta for 1.5 days, then over and up to Hilton Head for 4 days, and then down to Disney World for another 6, followed by a three day trip back home. It sounds like a lot, but I'm telling myself it's not to avoid the hysteria that may come from realizing what we are about to embark on over the course of the next 17 days. So it's better if I just tell myself, "it only sounds like a lot".

I have managed to nearly finish all of my work projects before I leave. I busted out a ton of work this past week so that I didn't have anything lingering while I was away-so now I can truly vacation in peace. Ahhhh.

But before Monday rolls around and I have to get serious about packing and all the mayhem that will accompany it, I am going to take tonight to sit on the couch, catch up on the past two episodes of Project Runway, while finishing our Operation Christmas Child presents, and then sink into New Moon to finish off my night.

2 comments:

Holly said...

hee hee.. I have my outfit planned out too ;-)
(and it includes skinny jeans baby!!!!)

Rachael said...

Oh, so excited for you guys! Jacob and I are pursuing adoption also, we really feel God is directing us that route (hopefully children naturally too!). It's a ways away for us though :( Are you guys doing domestic, or international?