Come on in...

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

" a voice for the voiceless"

That phrase was kind of the theme for the annual ladies event at church last night. The guest speaker was a professional photographer who travels all over the world raising awareness for important issues using simply her camera. What an incredible inspiration this woman was, "giving a voice to the voiceless," through her pictures. I was looking forward to this event for so long, I mean, hello, a photographer using her gifts and abilities to bring glory and honor to our Lord...that's my dream, and I couldn't wait to be sitting on the edge of my seat soaking up everything this woman had to say. And for the most part I was, but I was a tad bit frustrated when I left thanks to miss Marvelly...
Ten minutes into the evening I was making a bee line for the restrooms to knock out the first nursing, and it appeased her for a while but then an hour later I was back in the restrooms, nursing again, and this time I never even made it back to my seat. Who was I kidding, I never stood a chance to make it through that evening with Marvelly behaving perfectly...but nevertheless, I'm still glad I went.
I love hearing stories from people who are making a kingdom difference simply because they allowed themselves to be used by God. It's not a question of whether God will use us...but whether we will allow God to use us. I often get so intimidated and think to myself, "who am I?", "what can I do?", so it's always encouraging to hear stories from people, just like me, share how God is using them, just as they are. One person can make a difference, even if it's just in the life of one other person.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I have the website of her photographer stuff ministry - I'll find it!