Come on in...

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Getting started...

And I'm off...I can now officially add "blogger" to my to do list, which won't be easy with a new baby, but...here goes nothing!
Before the week gets away from me there are a few highlights I need jot down, in my attempt to keep this lovely online journal of sorts....last Friday I thought it would be a great idea to take Sydaleigh, with Marvelly in tow of course, to go see "Horton Hears a Who" with two of her friends. A fun little girls night out. I gave Isaak the evening off, and I braved this experience solo. This was going to be a hit...Sydaleigh loves movies, and what would be better than seeing a movie on a really big "tv". The girls were so excited they were running, holding hands to the theater, Sydaleigh could hardly contain her excitment...that is until we opened the door. She was so scared from the sound of the movie I could hardly get her inside the theater. Scared to the point of shaking with fright. Didn't she get the memo that this was suppose to be fun...what could be better than watching a movie on a really big "tv!". As soon as we sat down she started calling out, "Mommy scary!", "Mommy, bye-bye, okay!". It was a teensy bit on the embarrassing side- 2 year old yelling she's scared and wants to go home in the middle of a quiet theater. Yeah, good times. So I evaluated the situation and determined rather than continue to sit there and cause irreperable damage to my 2 year old and scar her for life, we could go home and try again in like 5 years. Needless to say its been 5 days and I'm still hearing about the "scary movie". Who knew?! Nice one Mom.

1 comment:

Holly said...

you are going to be so glad you added this to your to do list!
I love going back, now years, later and reading what I was thinking and feeling - I wouldn't remember otherwise!