Come on in...

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

My mom turns 62!!

We had the very special honor of celebrating my Mom's birthday with her on Monday as she turned 62!
It must be said, my mom looks pretty darn amazing for being 62 years old!
We had white cake with vanilla frosting at my mom's request, ate ice cream from Festival de Glaces, a little ice cream parlor close to the house, and gave her some hand crafted Burkina presents!
I had plans to take my mom out for breakfast and to a little boutique in the morning, but Marvelly woke up with a bad case of pink eye and ended up staying home from school, so we hung out at home together instead.

The last time we celebrated my mom's birthday was for her 60th when we were living in D.C. and I have a picture of us posing like this on my wall. I love how we were able to celebrate with her here. I still have to pinch myself sometimes that my mom is here, in Burkina Faso, not only doing life with us, but seeing God use her and give her purpose to serve Him here apart from us.

She has blessed us to overflowing with her presence. Her company is the greatest joy. We have had the best time laughing and it's been refreshing in ways that I didn't know I needed to see Burkina through her eyes. Things that have grown cumbersome and weary have taken on new life and appreciation in my eyes again. The differences that have slowly become annoying and irritating, I find that I am laughing at again, as my mom laughs with utter delight and amusement at the culture and little intricacies of life here.

It is good to have my mom with us.

So so good.

And we loved getting to celebrate her life! Sixty-two never looked so good if you ask me!!

1 comment:

Beccy said...

Happy happy birthday!!!!!! Youare beautiful and i am so happy you could go to Burkina!!!!