Come on in...

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Why'd ya have to go and die on me?!

I know my computer is old.
Well, let me rephrase that.
I know my computer is old in computer years.
If you ask me personally, I'd say that a 5-6 year old computer isn't that old.
I would like to get another five years out of it for what we paid for the darn thing.
That would have been nice.
But, it just so happens that my "old" computer, by everyone's standards except my own, just spontaneously crashed.
It won't load.
I have no way to extract my images.
I won't be able to exchange it for even so much as one lousy dollar for a newer model now.

Funny thing is, Isaak has been trying, rather unsuccessfully, to convince me that my computer is old, and that I need to invest in a new one, especially since God has opened doors for me to use photography again.

But, when I look at my computer, I didn't see "old" like Isaak...I just saw slow.
Slow doesn't have to mean old.
It's just slow.
It still gets the job done.
Just slower than it did in its early days.
Until today.
Today my slow computer can't even muster up the energy to load, let alone process anything.
I feel so betrayed.
I had it's back.
I defended it to everyone who tried to convince me to give it the boot.

And now nothin'.
Ab.solute.ly nothin'.
Looks like I have no other choice to get a new one.
Lousy old computer, why'd ya have to go and die on me!!!!

1 comment:

Missy said...

She neglected to mention that it now sounds like you just stepped in the cats tail whenever you try to start it up. Scary.