Come on in...

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Solidarity.

Dinner got burned tonight. Came downstairs and it was smokin' on the stove. I was distracted, from dealing with a very non-compliant, tired, emotionally distraught and all consuming little toddler, who was also put to bed at 7:25pm with no treat and having only ate half his burnt food.

Isaak left for Oregon this morning. We brought him to the airport at 5am. He's gone for 7 days. This would have something to do with my little toddler boy acting like a crazy person today. Praying the rest of the week isn't as rough as today was. I don't know if I can handle seven days like this. Seriously...I might go mad. Or develop an unstoppable eye twitch. Or an ulcer. None of which sound appealing.

Parenting is rough. Especially still navigating how to parent a little guy who's still learning what a family is, the significance and roles of a parent, and has a medley of emotions that get stirred up within him over a variety of things and doesn't yet know how to express those feelings in any other way besides extreme emotional outbursts.

So I'm sending this to myself.

Solidarity Melissa. Stay strong. Don't let them see you sweat. You can do this. You're gonna make it. I'm pretty sure the kids will too, God willing.
*or library, parking lot, super market, sidewalk, house, doctor's office, playground....basically anywhere and everywhere*


(And since I don't have a pint of ice cream to eat to give myself a sugar coma to fall into to forget the angst of this very challenging parenting day, or even a sugar cereal, I will de-stress and put this day behind me eating a slightly less satisfying bowl of Cheerios.

Boooooo.

I mean that's just sad. )

1 comment:

Georgia said...

your aunt patrice will have ice cream! have fun!! love ya