Come on in...

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Uncensored

A month or two before I moved to Burkina Faso, during one of my morning prayer times in D.C., I heard the Lord give me a word.

One word. Very specific. Very clear.

I didn't share the word with anyone at first, and then over the phone I told it to my mom. This word excited me, because it held unlimited possibility. I thought about the word and dreamed about how God might want to use it through my life during my time in Africa.

But, even though this word was still very abstract and had yet to take on real form because I hadn't yet moved here...the word was clear, as was the challenge that came with it.....

Uncensored.

I try to describe it, and add things to it, to expand upon what this word means for me and will mean for me....but there is nothing else to add. God's word is perfect. God's Word is perfect. It stands alone.

Uncensored.

I don't know in all the ways that God wants to use that word in my life. I get little flashes of this at times, but nothing whole. I will be riding in the car, and all of a sudden I will hear the Lord say, "see that! right there! UNCENSORED."

Or as I'm walking, again He will whisper, "Look, uncensored."

Or in our home, "uncensored."

Or in my heart, He tells me, "this right here, what you're feeling, uncensored."

I have been bucking this word though lately. I have been hearing Him encouraging me to be "uncensored" in a particular area, but it is hard. God rarely challenges us with the easy. But He knows me, and He knows what I need, and what others need, and somehow He merges those two together. For His glory.

So, with His grace and strength I hope to begin to be obedient to live out this word.
In whatever way it is going to look like.
In whatever way He challenges me to use it.

So that is my word. My one word challenge that God gave me even when I didn't ask for it. With a plan and a purpose in mind, even while it is still abstract to me, it's not to God, because He has a vision and a course for my time here in Africa. And I know that part of it has to do with this word.....

uncensored.


4 comments:

Courtney said...

it sounds like a word we should shy away from - like the word "scandalous" that is in that song, "beautiful scandalous night".

if only we'd go more towards these ideas in how we live our lives. instead of being so SAFE and COMFORTABLE!

Bekah Boo said...

ah!
i have so many thoughts!!!
(of course)
1) BAM!
2) look at you not picking "oneword" to focus on and God went and made you do it anyway! ha!
3) i love you-- honest, real, gritty, uncensored...the good, bad, ugly and beautiful... love it. can not wait to see you walk out uncensored.
4) crazy holy jeepies--i am thrilled and freaked at what this will mean for you, and me as what Christ teaches you evidently trickles on down to me
5) be brave, girl on fire, be brave.
6) love you

Georgia said...

just start taking pictures. somehow. God will show you. love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I could really use a word to hold onto right now. I have been feeling unsteady. Its hard to explain. You would be happy to know that I have structured (of course I have) my God time. I wake at 4:30am and read the Bible (2 versions) I have current reading (Luke) and read one chapter in Proverbs and one chapter in James (both books of wisdom). I also read my devotional. I go for coffee with my Dad at 5:45am. After this I head straight to TY Park and walk 4 or more miles in prayer. After all of this I feel so completely invigorated and truly ALIVE! But, when I get home its like a avalanche hits and I lose my vigor. I usually isolate myself and reread the reading for the day. I am just longing for something and can't put my finger on it. Something just out of reach. I have be venturing outside my comfort zone and attending Bible Study on Wed and Sunday morning and then going to worship on Sunday with Jacob. I think my my wonders way too much. I say over and over, "Be still and know that I am God", To be able to meditate on Him and not all the distractions around me. I am so happy and hopeful that I get a word or sign from the Lord as to what I am need to do. Oh how I wish you were here to talk to, sit and chat. I am happy for what this word will mean in your life. I get so refueled when I read your blogs. I think I may use your word somehow in the next week and I will let you know how it goes. I Love You. Lisa